Sunday, May 18, 2008

Millionaire freakout? Or just a freak?

Yesterday I had a traffic stop that really pissed me off.


I stopped a guy for making an illegal left turn. There are a couple places in my city where private business drives exit onto public roads and you cannot make a left turn. There are concrete curbs which force you to turn left and there are also "No Left Turn" signs. There is a no left turn sign next to the stop sign and another across the street. So all together there are three devices designed to keep you from making a left turn.







I was driving by and saw a pick up truck getting ready to make an illegal left turn. As I passed I pulled over to the side of the road and watched him in my rear view mirror. I was hoping the fact that he saw me and can now see me stopped waiting to pounce... well I hope he would just get the idea and turn right. No such luck.



As he headed towards me he suddenly pulled into a business parking lot. I flipped around and pulled in behind him, activating my forward emergency lights. He quickly started to unload his kids while I radioed into dispatch my stop. location and his license plate.



His kids ran inside the business and I explained why I had stopped him... he admitted he made the turn however he did not see any of the signs (yeah right) and told me he turns left there all the time. btw he points out several times his "Beverly Hills" address on his California driver's license...



Everything was fine until I told him to hang tight while I get his citation ready... This guy came UNGLUED!



This guy was pissed to say the least. He proceeds to tear into me... telling me that I am pathetic and that HE should NOT get a ticket because (A) His wife is a city council woman in the neighboring city! and (B) He is a multi-millionaire!



He points out how sorry I will be if I cite him... and I could not cite him anyway because he is now on private property (KING'S X!!)... He made several thinly veiled threats towards my career if I cite him...



After letting him rant a bit... I asked him for clarity... "So you are saying you do not deserve a citation because you wife is on the city council and you are a multi-millionaire?" I counted his lame reasons on my fingers to punctuate his stupidity...



Apparently this did not slow him down.. his eyes locked on the black microphone and wire clipped to the front of my shirt... He begins to tell me how stupid he is not... he is quick to point out he knows I am recording him... He tells me that he is a powerful person and demands my badge number.... I tell him that is fine and ask him to sit in his car and wait for me...



Now this is where I really start to worry... He tells me he is leaving and starts to walk towards the building... I tell him he is being detained and he cannot leave.. he of course counters with the eloquent argument of "OH NO I'M NOT"....

Now all I can think of is that poor Trooper in Vernal who tased the guy while he was walking away... although all of us understand why he did it...I just saw this getting ugly really fast... I think a combination of calling for help and telling him to stay put got him to comply... but he finally did it...he got me mad.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_qVJfaYZA click on this link to watch some stupid guy get the ugly end of Tazy Crazy!



I am almost shaking when back up arrived... I explained what happened as I start to work on my citation.. While I worked on the ticket the driver stood at his car and quickly took pictures of myself and my cover officer.... I guess this is the "evidence" to prove his case... I don't care... let him take pictures, because of course I am recording the whole thing on video.



There were other violations I could have cited him for but I am not that petty... plus I just wanted this stop to be done... I was just hoping he would sign it so I don't have anymore grief... He did and I got out of there...



I have met a lot of people in my day...even some who are powerful influential people with millions of dollars... not a one ever had to remind me how powerful and rich they were... this guy was full of crap I am sure... but today he really got under my skin...



I think I prefer my millionaires on late night cable t.v. instead of on a traffic stop.





Tommy Vu has many "boofoh girls..and so can you!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment