Tuesday, November 20, 2007

EARHUGGER VIDEO MIC!!!






This is the GEAR that I am MOST EXCITED ABOUT TODAY! Mostly because my Lt. said we would be looking at it for Bike Patrol. Today Bike Patrol...tomorrow... um regular Patrol?




EarHugger is a Utah company and makes awesome mic and earpieces. The best part is it was started by a Police Officer!!! Read his story...

Earhugger® Officer Ryan King radioed in the description of a suspicious loiterer and exited his vehicle to approach the man. As he approached the suspect, the dispatcher's voice came crackling from his shoulder mic.


Hearing the dispatcher identify him as wanted, for $150,000 in outstanding warrants, the man rushed at King screaming, "I'm never going back to jail!" A fight ensued and King had to wrestle the man to the ground in order to cuff him. Officer King realized it was the dispatcher's voice which had alerted the suspect, putting him in jeopardy by taking away the element of surprise which had been on his side.


It was not the first time transmissions broadcasting from his shoulder mic had caused routine situations to become hazardous and already dangerous situations to become more so. That night Ryan King worked in his garage developing a headphone which would allow only the police officer wearing it to hear radio transmissions.


The device he developed could be worn in comfort for hours. He began wearing the headphone on the job. Soon, other officers were asking him to make one for them. Within a few months the officer in charge of the gang task force was requiring all members of his squad to wear the headphones.


  • 5.3 Megapixle Picture
  • 1 GB of memory for minimum 3 hours Record Time
  • Time and Date Stamp
  • Download straight to computer w/ small USB port
  • Priced about $600 (compare to in-car systems!)
  • Perfect for BIKE PATROL
  • Add Ear Piece or addition PTT button
  • RANGE IS NO PROBLEM!
  • Has a Screen Built in back!
  • VIDEO, SOUND, STILL PHOTO
  • Let the Jury SEE WHAT THE OFFICER SEES
  • FINALLY VIDEO WHEREVER YOU GO!!

This has to be the sweetest product I have seen in a long time!


I WEAR EARHUGGER!!! Just last night I replaced my $300 Motorola EarMic with a Earhugger Model (I am not sure of the price but I believe it's about a third of the price!) I was on my second Motorola setup in a month and a half and it was crapping out on my again.. a SERIOUS OFFICER SAFETY ISSUE... I didn't have the highest hopes for something to out perform my costly Motorola (after all the same people made the radio right?)... Man I have never been more wrong in my life! I love my new EARHUGGER set up!


WARNING!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!


OFFICAL UtahCop Prediction! ...I predict that:

  1. Other manufacturers will start to make similar products (Motorola). Let's all support this Utah business!
  2. This equipment will soon become STANDARD ISSUE, just like our in-car videos

EARHUGGER PRODUCTS can be purchased from most great Utah public safety stores... especially our sponsor COP'S CLOSET!

GO CHECK OUT THE EARHUGGER WEBISTE! http://www.ehsequipment.com/

They have a couple DEMO VIDEOS and all the specs (I would have put the videos here but their site seems to be down from earlier today.





0 comments:

Post a Comment