Sunday, April 27, 2008

YOU'RE FIRED








Recently the Utah POST Council met and broke previous records by decertifying the most police officers ever. I have had the opportunity to meet and even work with a few officers who lost their jobs.



I think most are justified... but I have the impression that here in Utah you would lose your POST certification over things that other states would not take action on.



The biggest career killers are still:



-Alcohol

-Sex



Can I get some opinions? To be honest I can see the need to terminate someone for having an intra-office affair... but do they really need to be decertified and lose their entire career?



1 comment:

  1. I agree with the inter-office part, however what you do on your own time, if it does not discredit the department is more of a gray area. I made that mistake once a really long time ago. I nearly lost my family. Maybe I am biased but I think they may be taking it a little far. I guess a case by case review would be most appropreiate.

    ReplyDelete